How to install, configure XAMPP on Windows 10 and fix port issues for Apache server
This article will guide you through the steps to install XAMPP on Windows 10 and fix port issues due to which apache server does not start.
XAMPP is a free open source software. It simulates a real server and is used to test programs written in PHP based software like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, and others on Windows 10, macOS, and Linux. XAMPP is a set of connected software programs such as Apache, MySQL, FileZilla, Mercury, and Tomcat.
Apache Friends website
1 - Download the XAMPP installer
- Open the Apache Friends website and download the installer.
2 - Double-click the downloaded file to launch the installer.
3 - Click Yes when prompted. This will open the XAMPP setup window.
- You may have to click OK on a warning if you have User Account Control (UAC) activated on your computer.
4 - Now you will see the setup wizard.
- Click next to continue.
5 - In this dialog box you have to select the components to install.
- It’s recommended to leave the default options.
6 - Select an installation location.
- Click the folder-shaped icon to the right of the current installation destination, then click a folder on your computer. To be on a safe side, leave it as it is and click next.
7 - Bitnami for XAMPP
- Bitnami provides free setup for WordPress, Drupal. Click on next.
8 - Ready to install
- Setup is ready to install XAMPP. Click next to start the installation process.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
9 - Installation Complete
- Click on Finish to complete the installation.
10 - Select Language
- XAMPP when it starts for the first time, it asks for application language. language is for XAMPP only.
- You can chose yours and click on save.