Snapchat is trying out a Major Redesign to Simplify In-App Navigation
Snapchat is checking out out a major new redesign which would expand the app from 2 to 5 definitively separated sections, and add a black navigation bar along the bottom of the display.
Snapchat is testing a redesigned version on Android and iOS, reports The Verge, citing screenshots shared by tipsters.
Snapchat appears to be trying out a major new redesign among a small group of users. The redesign would carry 5 distinct sections in all and a brand new navigation bar at the bottom of the app.
As reported by Casey Newton, and as you can see in the above images, the new navigation bar have five sections.
- The Snap Map, that is currently handy with the aid of swiping down on the main camera screen, although is not truly stated as such anywhere inside the app.
- The chat section, wherein you could conduct message conversations with friends.
- The main camera, which the app opens to.
- The modern Snap discover section, but renamed 'community', which might function all of the content content from connections, folks you follow, personal suggestions, and so on.
- The brand new 'Discover', which might exhibit Snap's original programming, which has visible a considerable improve in viewership over the past 12 months
There's no clean phrase on whilst this massive redesign will roll out to all users. Considering the fact that it's presently being tested, it is obvious that Snap may or may not go ahead with all the changes.